1. Who We Are
Snug is a U.S. based company with headquarters in Denver, CO.
- The general categories of Personal Information we collect;
- Why we collect an individual's Personal Information;
- How Personal Information will be used, and who it will be shared with;
- How we store, transfer and retain Personal information;
- Our commitment to security;
- Privacy and security of User Submitted Content;
- Your rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect.
Personal Information is any information or an opinion about an identified or identifiable natural person.
User means any person who uses our Services such as by creating an account, using the Services, or contacting us for information. A User may also be a person who visits or browses our Website.
User Submitted Content means any of the content, information or material that you add or input in your use of the Services including the Personal Information of third parties that you may submit when you create estate planning documents. Snug does not own your User Submitted Content; User Submitted Content is owned by you. By using the Services, you take full responsibility for obtaining any and all applicable third party consents, securing and safeguarding your User Submitted Content and all other restrictions regarding User Submitted Content as set forth in our Terms of Service.
3. What type of Personal Information is collected?
By using our Services when you create an account, you provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information.") When you create an account, you provide us with:
- First and Last Name Email address
- Payment information, should you choose to sign up for our paid plans
- IP address (may or may not be considered Personal Information depending on the laws of your jurisdiction)
- Your responses to any surveys, questionnaires, or feedback should you choose to participate
- User Submitted Content should you choose to input any in your use of the Services
You may choose not to give us your Personal Information. However, without your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or respond to your questions.
4. Visiting our Website
You may also visit or browse our Website even if you have not created an account. As is true of most other websites and platforms, when you visit https://www.getsnug.com/ we collect information on how you use and access our Website and Services.
As you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your use of the Services (such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data) and information about your devices and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system and browser type).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Log Information. We may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs when you use the Services, including details about how you used the Services, IP address, and information specific to your device (such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language).
- Device Identifiers. We may collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, mobile network information and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Services are performing and improve the Services for you on your particular device.
- Analytics Data. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services.
5. Links to Third Parties’ Websites
6. How do we use your Personal Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Present our Website and its contents to you.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
- Improve the Services through research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example, by sending you communications for these purposes.
- Prevent and detecting fraud.
- Debug and repair errors in our Services in order to maintain and improve the quality and security of our Services.
- Notify you when updates to the Services are available, and about changes to any products or services we offer or provide through the Services.
- Contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Creating reports, analysis or similar services for the purposes of our research and our business development.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purposes with your consent.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes, or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
For information about how you can opt out of certain uses of your information, see Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information below.
7. How do we share your Personal Information and who do we disclose it to?
Snug is not in the business of selling your information to advertisers or third parties. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. We only share this information as described below:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, vendors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Snug, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with users, partners or the press in order to, for example, demonstrate how the Services are used, evaluate industry trends, or to create our marketing materials. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
8. Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Promotional Offers. You may “opt-out” of receiving newsletters, marketing and promotional emails from Snug at any time by using the opt-out mechanism that is contained in each such email and by any other mechanisms that the Services may provide. You can also opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. Please note that, if you deactivate your account, you will continue to receive newsletters, marketing and promotional emails from us unless you subsequently exercise your opt-out options above.
We may also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you create an account with us), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
9. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your account information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us as well as Your Submitted Content. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
10. How we store, transfer and retain your Personal Information
Snug shall not be liable to the User or any person for the deletion or failure to store any Personal Information including User Submitted Content arising from the account holder’s decision to terminate their account or otherwise. This includes Snug’s right to delete User Submitted Content that violates our Terms of Service.
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Snug or guarantee that your information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, managerial, or technical safeguards.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
13. Who to Contact for Data and Privacy Inquiries and Requests
- Snug Inc. email@example.com